Sep 4, 2008

Tokyo Day 2 - arrival in Nihombashi

Today I left my room at Holiday Day Inn Narita, I headed back to the Narita Airport and ate breakfast there. I had some zaru soba and a piece of stewed egg plant. Both were really good and I was really good so I forgot to take a photograph haha.
I got to the Keisei express platform at about 11:30, and it was a pleasant ride passing many farms and small towns. Here is a short video from the ride, there's nice houses at the end.

First thing I did was check in at Toyoko Inn Nihombashi Hamacho. It was hard letting go of nearly 1000$, but I suppose it really is cheap for 2 people staying 12 nights. I left my bags and headed across the street to Jonathan's for lunch. I had a chicken Japanese style spaghetti set with a nice little fruit yogurt. It was yummy!

Photobucket



Then I went over to Hamacho park to pass some time. They don't let you into your room until 4pm. It was really humid, and the cicadas were going nuts, but the park was nice. I also walked along the Sumida river and saw the Himiko. Also there was a small group of homeless trap homes. But it was really humid and I didn't feel motivated to walk alot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


So I went to the drugstore and bought some shampoo and conditioner, and then I went to Lawson for snacks. I got a nice banana pan and chestnut daifuku. I walked about to the Toyoko Inn and waited another 10 minutes before they would let me in. The room was hardly worth the wait. It's so small its laughable. I would never stay here if it weren't for the price, free internet and breakfast. But it is very clean and I appreciate that after the Holiday Inn! haha

Photobucket
The Toyoko Inn lobby

Photobucket
and my room.


1 comment:

Columbiathe1 said...

Arg! So you ended up having to pay for Shouma's share of the room, huh? Not right at all.

Room looks small, but nice and clean like you said. Hope the breakfast is good!