Sep 9, 2008

Day 7 - Ikebukuro and Sunshine City

Today we went to Sunshine city, also a place I was looking forward to alot! We got an earlier start today so we got to the subway at 10am. When we arrived in Ikebukuro Shouma showed me some of the west side before we went over the the east side when the Sunshine City is located. When we got to the East side we went into the Parco and Seibu departo looking for some sunglasses for Shouma. I got a few things from Loft, and I saw a Betsey Johnson (plus millions of other cute stores)

Photobucket


Photobucket

After we left Seibu and Parco we headed towards Sunshine city in a kinda indirect approach. First we stoped at the Don Quixote (Donki) to look at the suitcases because I was planning to buy one for all the items I was hording. Even though we didn't find a suitable case we didn't want to bring one all the way back to the hotel from there. We walked by a Wendy's and neither one of us were hungry but I took Shouma in since he had never tried it before. I order a frosty (called a Chocolate soft there) and a chili off the 99Y menu and boy I was in for a shock! The chili was SO much smaller then here in the US, it was about 1/4 of a cup. The frosty was smaller too but the chili's size was ridiculous. Atleast it tasted the same.

Photobucket
Inside the Wendy's in Ikebukuro
Photobucket
Next we went to Tokyo Hands, I would have liked to explore it more since the one we went to in Ginza was quite small, but Shouma was becoming antzy so we just used the bathroom and left. We crossed a few more streets to get to Sunshine city. Sunshine City looks very unassuming from the outside (and inside) it just seemed like a regular large office building, and I guess since it was a weekday there weren't many people going in. When we got in we had to walk by a bunch of bakeries with super cute cakes and pasteries, that was hard but I wasn't hungry! I found Alta and I knew it was large but I didn't realize it was so large! It is two floors of girls clothing and accesories and it's terribly cute as well. There are pink neon lights on the outside (it's like a mall within a mall). But anyhow the sheer size was bewildering so I decided just to focus on finding Swimmer. Swimmer is in the left half, 1st floor just to the right of the the esclators. I bought a cute bag, magnet and 2 hair bands.

Photobucket
View from a terrace on Sunshine City

After we left Alta I shopped at Loft again haha, and got some postcards and a portable ashtray for Shouma. We went and looked at the facade of Namja Town but I just could go it because I wasn't hungry at all, and whats the point of paying admission into a food theme park if you're not hungry? T_T Shouma wanted Starbucks so we sat on a terrace along with many other people and sweated in the heat. Shouma was looking for sunglasses so we went to one of his favorite stores Murasaki Sports located in Harajuku, there was also one in Seibu in Ikebukuro but they didn't have what he wanted. We breezed through Takeshita Street and went to the Murasaki sports located about halfway down, he bought sunglasses there, but we also looked as the Murasaki Sports at the end of Takeshita Street haha. As we walked back up the street I noticed my ankles had become swollen so we had to end the day and head back to the hotel.
Photobucket
Takeshita street Harajuku

1 comment:

Columbiathe1 said...

I love these pictures!! Is that a McDonald's?