Sep 3, 2008

Arrival in Tokyo

So today I arrived in Tokyo at 4.30pm local time, an hour ahead of schedule luckily. I rushed through passport control and customs since I didn't check any luggage. Then I meetup with my...boyfriend, I guess I can still call him that for now, haha. We got on the free bus to Holiday Inn Narita, it arrives at the # 16 bus stop every 20 minutes during the afternoon hours. The ride to Holiday was pretty short but luckily the had the air conditioner on full blast. It's very humid, the heat is pretty high, but not much higher then in Minnesota.

Well Holiday Inn at Narita is not much to look at, there seems to be extensive water damage in the hallways, dated furnishings, unpleasant stains in the room, and rose pink tiling in the bathrooms. Otherwise it's adequet. There is a desk, and free LAN internet (cables provided at front desk) But it's quite small and I can't imagine westerns would be very comfortable.



That's about it for now, I may go to the Mini-stop conbini at 10pm, so I will update with food later if that happens.

1 comment:

Columbiathe1 said...

Hey, I am glad to read your posts! Your hotel doesn't look too bad, but yes, small by US standards.

I am glad you got there safe and sound, and Shouma met you like he promised. I am really looking forward to your updates!

Have a great time, talk to you tomorrow-