Sep 11, 2008

Day 9 - Harajuku and Akihabara

Photobucket Image Hosting
Today was a day I wanted to get some shopping done! So I picked out some stores I wanted to visit in Harajuku, I had been wanting to go to the Daiso in Harajuku since I went to the one in Seattle. I also wanted to go to UNIQLO UT and buy some shirts. When we arrived in Harajuku the weather was a bit cloudy and there were not so many people as the weekend so it felt much more comfortable.

Photobucket Image Hosting
The basement of the Daiso Harajuku
The first place we went to was the Daiso since that is near the beginning of Takeashita st. First thing you saw when you entered was a halloween display, but I couldn't find anything that was so special or something I couldn't get in America. There were also personal care items, phone straps/keychains and other misc sort of things. The second floor had all the cute character goods, partry goods, snacks and stationary. The third floor had house goods, crafts and organizational items. Then we went all the way back down to the basement where they have kitchen and bathroom goods. I got 3 towels, 2 phone straps, black q-tips, an onigiri bento, hime forks and hi-chew candy to name a few.

Photobucket Image Hosting
As we exited Daiso there was some light rain but nothing too heavy, we passed by the Marion and Angel Hearts crepe stands where everyone gets a crepe, but not me. j-j We then took a side road off of Takeshita street and made our way to UT. UT is pretty cool, they have 2 floors of men's shirts and 1 of ladies. They still had the big manga campaigne going on and I got a Lum shirt plus 2 others, and Shouma of course got a surfing shirt >< haha. We also went to the Northface store right next to UT, a favorite brand of Shouma's and he paid premium price for a small case.

Photobucket Image Hosting


Photobucket Image Hosting
Laforet having some sort of Avril exhibit

By the time we has exited the Northface store the rain had really started up, we turned the corner and walked down to the Kiddyland store, which was just as cute as I remember^A^ but with 1/3 the people which was wonderful. I felt like I could actually move this time. It's still rather small and cramped in there, but I went to every floor except the Snoopy floor and the baby/toddler toys floor. I bought an a green polka dot umbrella with a rabbit handle there for about 500Y. And I used it as soon as we left the store! hehe.

I had originally planned to try and get to the cake buffet today since I had already put it off, but as we passed a restaraunt Shouma exclaimed how he wish he could have sushi. I was like, well if you want to we can since I never had sushi in Japan before, and he was like no, you want the cake buffet we don't have to have kaiten sushi. So then I just said, hey I never had cake buffet but I never had kaiten sushi and it's something I had always wanted to do since last year.

Photobucket Image Hosting
And so we went in out of the rain and gloom. It had a nice comfy atmosphere and chefs preparing the sushi by hand, which was nice as I have heard some used forms or machines. Shouma put some green tea in my cup and I could add very hot water to it by a spigot coming out of the counter. There we lots of sushi going by as well as edamame, seaweed salad and desserts. I saw raw horse, but I thought best to avoid haha. Shouma picked out the sushi for us and I tried everything except the one with lots of mayo and veggies on top.

Photobucket Image Hosting


Photobucket Image Hosting

I tried this Uzura sushi and it nearly killed me, the natto didn't really bother me much, I would have liked to taste it by itself. But the raw quail egg taste just explodes in a bad way in your mouth. It's so salty and gooey its really quite wrong haha. I also tried squid and didn't care for the texture at all, or the taste much either. I ordered 3 desserts to get the taste out of my mouth and they were all very yummy hehe. The bill was about 3300Y.

After that we decided to head to Akihabara and skip Ginza, Shouma wanted to look at cameras again, but this time at Yodobashi.

Photobucket Image Hosting
Inside Yodobashi Camera
Photobucket Image Hosting
Just a few gashapon on the toy floor
Photobucket Image Hosting
Maids or cosplayers?
Photobucket Image Hosting
We exited Yodobashi from the wrong exit, we came in the entrance/exit that comes directly out of Akihabara station. So we went back towards Yodobashi and Shouma spotted something he really likes - Choco Cro crossiants. If you look really closely you can see their orange logo in the window, their shop is part of the Yodobashi building. We got 3 chocolate and 2 strawberry for 840Y and just as Shouma said they were some of the best sweets I ever had...

2 comments:

Columbiathe1 said...

Wow! So many kawaii things!!! And do I spy a cake buffet! And you had sushi- yay! But is that sushi with natto? Ummm....that would be a hard one to eat, I think.
I had sushi yesterday too!
Boy, I really love the pictures you are getting on this trip.

dreamer0703 said...

omg..i miss Akihabura and Harajuku! thank you for the lovely pictures!