Sep 12, 2008

Day 10 - Yokohama

Photobucket

Today we went to Yokohama, I was pretty excited to go back to Yokohama since that's where I live last year and as such it holds a special place in my heart despite the bad memories. We took the train from Shimbashi and it's about a 25 minute ride. It gets quite packed at peak hours so avoid them if you can, or grab a seat. When we arrived we quickly left the station via the west exit (I think), Yokohama station is the most busy, hectic station I have seen even during off hours. It's kinda a long hike from the station to Minato Mirai but we did it!

Photobucket
On the way to Minato Mirai we walked past stores and fields. Sadly we kinda took a long way around and we were both sweating in the heat and strong sun. We stopped at Sun Kus and I got a grape and calpis drink, it didn't help too much. We went the rest of the way to the Landmark Tower and Queen's Square, and stopped for a bit of looking around. I visited Passport and FrancFranc in the Landmark tower but didn't get anything, the shopping in the Landmark Tower is kinda richy. They had a pokemon store but I didn't feel confident enough to go in.
Photobucket
Arcade at Cosmoworld

We then made our way to World Porter's, passing on Queen's square this time. We walked through Cosmo World, it was fun seeing the rides and shops that hadn't changed. Of course I took a bunch of pics of the ferris wheel but me and Shouma didn't get on because I guess that's only for couples.

Photobucket


Photobucket

World Porter's just just across the bridge from Cosmoworld and the shopping is more middle to low end, thus my kind of shopping. I got a lucky bag from 3COiNs there, and it had some cute stuff in it. There were tons of cute girls clothing, but not any really cute bags. Shouma got a bracelet like the kind he lost with an ex at a love hotel. And then he looked around a sporting good shop until he got hungry. We were finally going to eat at the cake buffet today so we had to head back to the station and downtown Yokohama.

Photobucket
Ultraman overlooking visitors
The walk back to the station was kinda miserable as we were both tired of walking, sweaty and hungry. We stopped at the Queen's Square but since the ladie's room had a long line we kept going. Then we stopped at a bookstore with a Starbucks in it, ladie's room for me and coffee for Shouma. We decided to avoid the station so we walked around it, taking more time, but way less people. The Sweets Paradise cake buffet is in the Vivre building if you happen to be near by.
Photobucket
Inside Sweets Paradise
I heard of people having to wait 30 minutes or so to get in, but we got there around 2:40 and there wasn't a line, there were plenty of spare seats. We bought the tickets and had 60 minutes to eat all we could. Shouma didn't want to eat cake so he could eat salad, pasta, sandwiches, rice and curry. But really the cake is number one. There's a lot of different kinds of shortcakes, but also some chocolate cakes and cheese cakes. I ate as much as I could, way more then the Japanese ladies, but not as much as I though my American stomach could handle. One time when I was getting cake I knocked a pair of tongs onto another cake and there was much bowing as the staff handed the soiled tongs back to the kitchen. Such a small thing became a big embarrassment in Japan haha.
Photobucket
The cake line up.
Photobucket
Walking past Donki
I waited a bit for Shouma to smoke outside the Vivre building, having to eat at such a girly place full of girly food was a huge stress to him I guess. We were both still tired, and now bloated so we decided to head back to the hotel. I wish I could have spent some time in downtown Yokohama, it's pretty lively, but I spent the rest of my night being sick in the hotel haha.

1 comment:

Columbiathe1 said...

Ah, there is the cake buffet! I bet it was tasty! Was it fun being back in Yokohama?