Sep 10, 2008

Day 8 - Shinagawa and Bic Camera

Last time I was in Japan I ate at TGI Fridays in Yokohama with Shouma. Being someone interested in america/american food he really liked Fridays and wanted to eat there again this time. I suggested we go back to the one in Yokohama but for personal reasons he didn't want to so we decided on the one in Shinagawa. I had never actually stayed in Shinagawa longer then it takes to transfer trains so I was looking forward to it. However our map pointed out besides restarants and the Shinagawa Prince complex there wasn't much to be done haha. Well we set out anyhow.
Photobucket Image Hosting
Shinagawa Station
When we arrived in Shinagawa Station we head left and walked all the way out of the station but couldn't see anything, and a map confirmed we went the wrong way haha. It seemed like there was a market of some sort going on down in the plaza below the exit but I didn't investigate. So we walked all the way back through the station and went out the right exit. All the restarants and hotels are across the street. We went to the Shinagawa prince hotel through this area of restarants and shops all around a plaza, it's hard to describe. I wanted to visit the sega arcade there and Shouma thought he knew where he was going but it just lead up past the theater, aquarium and into the residential backstreets.
Photobucket Image Hosting


Photobucket Image Hosting
Family Mart on a backstreet in Shinagawa
After our little tour of the neighborhood, which is always fun to see Japanese apartments and houses, we went back to where we started and decided just to find Fridays since we both were hungry at this point. Fridays is in a hotel next to the Shinagawa Prince. We went in and Shouma got an english menu because everyone thought he was a gaijin since he was with me. I noticed that same exact food in America cost atleast 200Y more here in Japan. The shotglass desserts were 480Y each, where as they are 2$ in America. I had a chicken quesadilla and Shouma had buffalo wings, a salad and steak with fries.
Photobucket Image Hosting
After ate we found the sega arcade and were quite disappointed, its very small! I wouldn't even call that an arcade it's just some games off to the side in a bowling alley. We played a racing game anyhow and Shouma gloated terribly when he beat me by literally one second. I wanted to bowl with Shouma but it was something like 20$ per game. And yeah I am poor. We left Shinagawa since there was nothing else there to do and we headed to Ginza.

Photobucket Image Hosting
Random plastic food display
Photobucket Image Hosting
Nice lights and fancy lady hehe

Shouma wanted to go back to the Bic Camera in Ginza to actually look at cameras. He decided a few months ago to be a photographer, but he had never actually owned a camera or knew what kinda of functions were good/important. So he spent a good long time looking at cameras, I wanted to excape and find some gashapon but he wanted me to explain which camera were good and bad. I like camera but I can't look that long! And then they ended not having any gashapon there (that I could find). After that we went back to the Imperial Palace grounds and lazed around some more.

Photobucket Image Hosting


Photobucket Image Hosting

At the Imperial Palace grounds I ate some ice cream out of a vending machince. First I tried vanilla ice cream inside some mochi rice. It's called mochi ice cream and that was pretty good as long as it didn't become too warm. The texture is better when its more cold. After I finished that one I went and bought a red bean ice cream monaka, and that was amazing for 150Y, I mean it really tasted good to me!

Photobucket Image Hosting
Ice cream vending machine at the Imperial Palace!

No comments: