Mar 15, 2008

White Day

Nice Low-cost white choco! Back in Feburary I blogged about Japanese style Valentine's Day, and now here we are a month later (so fast! I can't believe it) and it was just White Day on March 14th. White day was invented as a day for the man to return the favor to the women and give her some chocolate. Really it should be white chocolate, or perhaps marshmallows, because it's White Day and thats why the National Confectionery Industry Association made White day - to sell white candy!


Well Shouma sent me an e-card for White Day. The card was from a Japanese website, and whenever I tried to open the link I got sent to a "forbidden server" page. It was/is really quite annoying because it's the first time I ever got something for white day. Even if it is a super cheap e-card. I wonder if he thought about sanbai gaeshi, meaning a White day gift should have a value of about 3 times more then the Valentine's gift.

So I say to him last night "I sent you real stuff, real chocolate in the mail on Valentine's day, why did you just send me an e-card?"Answer: "Because you're on a diet." I know that White day was invented to sell marshmallows and white chocolate, but that doesn't mean you have to buy those things. At this point it could be anything white. I would've been fine with a gashapon, or some character good that featured the color white predominately. Oh well, there's always next year.


No comments: