Mar 9, 2008

My First Bento

Well tonight I put together my first bento ever, yay!
It did require a bit of work however. I made a fried rice and gyoza bento with hard boiled eye and orange slices. I spent a good hour or so getting everything together. So I really hope I don't find everything shifted around tomorrow haha.

I'm not sure if this is really the most low calorie obento, but I tried to keep it low by using less oil, adding less gyoza etc. I also made an identical obento for my mom, only I gave her more hard boiled eggs.

Also I had to go to Target and buy appropriate boxes, which weren't too terribly difficult to find. I bought some silicone muffin cups to use as dividers. I have a big list of other things I'd like to buy, and I'm not sure if I want to just buy them online or wait to buy them in Japan.

Sorry about the low quality picture, it was taken with my mobile.

No comments: