Mar 15, 2008

I lived in Honmoku

When I was living in Japan I stayed in an area of Yokohama known as Honmoku near the Sankeien garden. Honmoku is a very nice and pleasent area centered around a main street with shops along it. The main attraction I would say is the MyCal complex. I was looking at photos of it today and I wish I would have taken some photos myself because there is a real luck of them on the internet.


The nicest thing about the location of where I stayed was it's proximity to the Mycal complex, It was really just on the block in front of our apartment. So it was really easy to go to the Saty supermarket, McDonalds (there were 2), the theater, or the department store. I don't know how many times I bothered Shouma to go with me to buy gashapon! And Saty, while usually crowded was just delightful after 9pm when they would mark down the parishables. I wish I would have learned about that a bit earlier on.


I wish things were set up like this around here. I can't just walk to the supermarket, I could walk to McDonalds (if it were worth it) but there's sidewalk only halfway. I know it's the American way to make everything as big and spreadout as possible, but really it's not convinient especially if you don't have a car. Well here's a nice picture looking down towards the Mycal complex!


No comments: