Mar 24, 2008

Milk flavor made me fat!

Well what do we have here? Why it's Tohato brand Caramel Corn snack! This is a lovely snack encased in a cute package. The snack itself is similiar in texture to the Cheetos brand puffed snacks (not the hard crunchy ones) and has a nice sweet flavor. The original Caramel Corn is supposed to taste like caramel, thus it's name, but I'm not sure how caramel it tastes as much as it tastes sweet. However you will not find a speak of popped corn in this bag, but you will find a few peanuts hiding in the bottom.

I had learned about Caramel Corn before I went to Japan so it was one of the things that I really wanted to try. I'm glad I did because it's rather adictive with its crispy texture and light (by my standards) flavor. I can easily eat the entire package by myself, but I always share (the peanuts) because I don't much fancy gaining a lot of weight! I also tried "Milk" flavor variety, which I thought was really nice and sweet, but Shouma declared it "Too creamy".

There are many other flavors and package designs on the official site which introduces the character that goes with each flavor. Sadly I only tried original and milk, but I will do my best to try some others when I go back in summer. Check out this page that has a very nice review of the Caramel corn package here.

No comments: