Feb 15, 2008

Japan FAQ

Well honestly I was in a bit of a bad mood when I came up with this post, but I really want to post it as it amuses me so. Basically these are some questions that come up quite frequently on forums about Japan and sometimes I think they are just so silly. So please enjoy them, and know I am not trying to tease anyone, it's just some fun.

Q: "I am _____ inches/cm tall, will I stand out in Japan?"
A: Are you Japanese? No? Then you are going to stand out in Japan.

Q: "I really like _____ (Tacky&Tsubasa, Gackt, anime characters, etc) so I want a Japanese boyfriend."
A: Um, just like real men in America don't look like Brad Pitt, real men in Japan don't look like celebrities either (and they certainly don't look/act like anime chara). Closest you can get is a host I guess. Good luck with that.

Q: I'm ____ (white, black, latina, etc) will Japanese boys like me?
A: Do any guys like you? But seriously, most Japanese men will be curious enough to casually date you or have sex with you. However if you want a serious relationship it will be tougher, and if you have your heart set on Japanese you might have to lower your expections.

Q: Are people going to stare at me if I go to a Sento?
A: Look, yeah. Stare, hopefully not.

Q: I am visiting a Japanese person's house, should I bring something along?
A: Chocolate, alchohol, flowers.

Q: I am (13-15) years old and I love anime/manga, now I want to live in Japan, how can I?
A: Well it's true Japan is the best place to get your anime goods (although I really didn't see them that often) but if thats why you want to live in Japan.... research a bit more first.

Q: I want to live in Japan, it's the coolest place on earth!
A: That's a rather unrealistic view, now isn't is.

No comments: