Jul 23, 2008

Snack Review: Riska Corn Potage chips

I bought this snack on a whim just to try a new flavor that I never actually tried in Japan. I had noticed corn potage fairly often in Japan, but I was never really sure of what it was. I assume its some sort of corn soup, as pictured on this package.

Anyway this product is a puffed product, so it has a texture similar to puffed cheetos, but softer. It still has a crisp, but not a crunch haha. It is covered in little green flecks, which I am not sure what seasoning they are. The flavoring coating leaves a little residue on your hands, but its not profuse. And the smell, they smell exactly like cream corn!

My mom was the first to give them a taste test, and by her reaction you would have thought they were a toxic poison! haha. She told me promptly she would not eat anymore and I had to eat the rest so they wouldn't stink up the room. At first I was a little put off by the taste, I'm not sure why, but it just wasn't right to me. After I ate a few more a started to like them, and quickly finished the bag a few days later.

I think this sort of flavor can't be enjoyed by everyone, if you decide to try it don't give up after the first few tastes! It may grow on you! Or not, who knows haha, but it's a unique flavor and an interesting try.

= Quick Facts =
Name: Riska Corn Potage puffed chips
Source: Uwajimaya market
Amount: 85 g
Rating:★★.5 ☆☆ (2.5 out of 5)

No comments: