Jun 17, 2008

Snack Review: LOOK premium chocolate apricot flavor

This review is coming in very late, I'm not sure why I had put it off for so long, but better late then never I suppose. Today I am reviewing LOOK premium filled chocolate apricot flavor. I bought these at a local shop that sells cute goods from Japan and Korea. They have a tiny section of snacks, but often have things that you can't find elsewhere (in MN) my mom choose this from their offerings.

I wasn't sure that it was going to taste that great, considering the price and the fact that it was imported, but it really was fabulous! There is a coating of chocolate that is just the right thickness and tastes very creamy. It wasn't gritty or bitter in the least. Inside the chocolate is a center of solid white cream, that slowly melts in your mouth.

All this sounds really sweet and perhaps a bit too decadent, but there is a surprise hidden in the white filling - apricot bits! These are crunchy and very flavorful pieces of apricot. I'm not sure if it's real freeze dried apricot or something synthetic, but it's tangy non-sweet taste stands out well against the chocolate and cream.

If it had just been cream filled chocolate it really wouldn't been anything special, delicious, but not special. The crispy apricot pieces really make this snack choco very satisfying, and very difficult to put down.

= Quick facts =
Name: LOOK premium chocolate, apricot flavor
Source: import store
Amount: 10 pieces
Rating: ★★★★☆ (4 out of 5)

No comments: